Insane Chocolate Fun Cake
- 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 ½ kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped semi sweet chocolate approximately 3 ½ oz.
Ingredients for the Peanut Butter Cream
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of chilled unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup egg white requires 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups of Kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped semisweet chocolate which is about 1 ¾ oz
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit or 176.667 Celcius.
Spray non-stick on the bottoms and sides of the round pans, line bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
Whisk flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add oil, vanilla, and 1 1/4 cups water; whisk until smooth. Fold in chopped chocolate. Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until a tester comes out clean when inserted into center, 35–40 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Peanut Butter Cream
Use a medium bowl on the top of a saucepan of simmering water, combine the sugar and egg whites, whisk continuously till the sugar is fully dissolved about 4 to 5 minutes, do not overcook, remove from heat.
Move the bowl to a heat safe surface, use an electric mixer at a medium speed, add the butter pieces slowly to the bowl beating continuously between adding the butter pieces.
Sprinkle the salt.
Using a thin knife you will cut around the edge of the pan between the cake and the pan to release onto a serving plate inverted.
Spread the peanut butter cream over the entire top of the cake.
Sprinkle the chopped chocolate and peanuts.