- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups of canola oil
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple (remove all liquid)
- 6 oz of softened cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons of softened salted butter
- 3 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Add additional nuts
Use a large bowl to combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
Next, add the eggs, carrots, vanilla, and oil.
Beat until combined fully.
Stir in the coconut, nuts, and pineapple.
Pour the mixture into a round greased pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176.667 Celcius, poke with a toothpick in the center of the cake and make sure the batter is not wet, remove the cake and place on a wire rack to fully cool.
Use a medium bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy, add the confectioners sugar, vanilla, and beat again until smooth and fully blended.
Frost the cake top or top and sides, sprinkle with additional nuts.